UTMB, Galveston (TX),
Aditya Kumar Singh
515 1st St Apt#118 ,
Galveston (TX) 77550 USA.
- Molecular Biology and Immunology: Isolation of plasmid, genomic DNA and total RNA, RT-PCR, Real-Time PCR, Cloning/Sub Cloning, Site-directed mutagenesis, Vector Design, In vitro transcription (using kits), Transfection of cell line (e.g. HEK) using plasmid DNA, microRNA inhibition, microinjection of rRNA in Xenopus oocytes, Agrobacterium, electroporationand biolistic-mediated transformation, Immunohistochemistry, Immunoblotting, ELISA, Ca2+ overlay, pooldown assay, Northern, Southern and Western Blotting, Protein Expression & Over-expression, CoIP etc.
- Cell Biology Techniques: Culturing and maintenance of the cell cultures, cell lines (HEK) culture, tissue culture (Plant and Mammalian), Isolation of smooth muscle cells from rat cerebral resistance arteries and culture, Cell proliferation Assays, Confocal microscopy, development of stable cell lines. Microbiological Techniques: Isolation and characterization of microbes, Maintenance of bacterial culture, Bacterial transformation, Microinjection of cRNA in Xenopusoocytes.
- Radiotracer: Handling of radioactive material, auto radiography. Biochemical: Protein purification either from E. coli or mammalian cells, Affinity chromatography, ion exchange chromatography, Hydrophobic interaction chromatography (HIC), On-column refolding of recombinant proteins, Gel filtration chromatography,Enzyme kinetics by using colorimetric assay, SDS-PAGE, Liposome preparation, Thermal shift assay, SPR (Biocore), AlphaScreen Assay for protein-protein interaction, Split-luciferase assay (LCA), High throughput screening for small molecules (HTS), Bioluminescence Assay etc.
- Biophysical: Study of recombinant proteins by using different techniques: Isothermal calorimetry (ITC), Circular dichroism (CD), Extrinsic and Intrinsic fluorescence
- Electrophysiological: Study of channels functions in artificial lipid bi-layer and patch-clamp using Xenopusoocytes, HEK cells myocytes and currently working on HEK293 and brain slices patch-clamp.
- Useful tools of Microsoft office like word, PowerPoint, Excel etc., Photoshop, OriginLab 7.0, Corel draw, GrapgPadInstat 3.0 etc., Clamp fit 9.2 for electrophysiolocal analysis, Statistical analysis programs.
- 2015 - contd. Research Scientist-II, UTMB, Galveston (TX) USA
- 2013 - 2015 DST Fast Track Young Scientist, NBRI, Lucknow (UP) India
- 2012 - 2012 Research Associate, NBRI, Lucknow (UP) India
- 2009 - 2011 Post-doctoral Fellow, Pharmacology, University of Tennessee HSC, Memphis, TN, USA
- 2007 - 2009 Post-doctoral Fellow, Cleveland State University, Cleveland, OH, USA
- 2006 - 2007 Post-doctoral Fellow (DBT-PDF), CCMB, Hyderabad, AP, India
- 2002 - 2006 Senior Research Fellow (CSIR), NBRI, Lucknow, UP, India
- 2000 - 2002 Project Research Fellow, NBRI, Lucknow, UP, India
- 2006 (Ph.D): Doctor of Philosophy in Science with Specialization in Molecular Biology and Genetic Engineering, National Botanical Research Institute (NBRI), and Lucknow University, Lucknow, India
- 1998 (MS) : Master of Science (Life Sciences), 1st Div (70.8%), KN Kaul Institute of Life Sciences, CSJM University, Kanpur, India
- 1995 (BS) : Bachelor of Science, 1st Div (65.92%), with specialization in Botany, Zoology & Chemistry, SSJM University, Kanpur, India.
- 1992 (10+2) : Intermediate, 1st Div (60.0%), Biological Sciences, UP Board, Allahabad.
- 1990 (10th) : High School, 1st Div (62.66%), Biological & Mathematical Sciences, UP Board, Allahabad.