Q-205 National Center for Natural Product Research,
School of Pharmacy.
University of Mississippi,
University, USA 38677.
Pharmacogenomics, Drug Discovery and development, Drug-Drug synergy, Natural Product Research, Mechanism of Action of Natural compounds, Genetics, Microarray, Gene expression, Pharmacogenomics, Chemical genomics, Molecular and cell biology, Regulation of gene expression
- I obtained my Ph.D. in Botany from the University of Lucknow, India, in 2008, and I carried out my thesis work at the Plant Gene Expression Laboratory at the National Botanical Research Institute in Lucknow.
- My Ph.D. work involved isolation and characterization of genes expressed during the process of petal abscission in rose using mRNA Differential Display.
- After completing my Ph.D., I conducted postdoctoral research for one year at the International Center for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology in New Delhi, India, where I studied the role of calcium signaling and helicases in abiotic stress in plants.
- Since May, 2009, I have been working as a postdoctoral researcher at the National Center for Natural Products Research at the University of Mississippi.
- I am conducting research on a NIH-funded project, focused on identifying the molecular mechanism of action (MOA) of novel natural products using S. cerevisiae as a model organism using a combination of genomic and genetic approaches.
Membership and Honors:
- Full Member of Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Society
- Member of American Society for Microbiology
- Member of Genetics Society of America
- Award of Senior Research Fellowship (2003-2006) of CSIR by Govt. of India
- Award of Junior Research Fellowship (2001-2003) of CSIR by Govt. of India
- Qualified National Eligibility Test for Lectureship (2001) by Govt. of India
- Qualified for Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE) with an all India rank #71