State University of New York Buffalo
Veterans Affairs Medical Center
3495 Bailey Ave
Buffalo, NY 14215
- Retina research
- photoreceptor biology
- interphotoreceptor matrix
- ophthalmic pathology
Awards and honors:
- 1976- Maryland Academy of Science, Student Research Award.
- 1978- Mellon Foundation Undergraduate Research Grant.
- 1978- Phi Beta Kappa.
- 1980- Highest Honors in Biochemistry, Clark University.
- 1980-American Institute of Chemists Award, Most Outstanding Senior Graduating in Chemistry.
- 1980- Medical Scientist Training Program Fellowship.
- 1983- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology Student Travel Fellowship.
- 1984- Pharmacia Travel Fellow, Sixth International Congress of Eye Research, Alicante, Spain.
- 1985-Mead Johnson Award, Overall Excellence of Research, National Student Research Forum.
- 1985- The Most Outstanding Presentation, Annual Retreat of the Medical Scientist Training Program, Baylor.
- 1986- Sigma Xi Scientific Research Society Award for Outstanding Doctoral Dissertation.
- 2005- Diplomate of the American Board of Pathology
- 2008, 2009 Visiting Professor, Mediterranean Ophthalmology Foundation, and Department of Physiology, Pharmacology & Toxicology, Universidad Cardenal Herrera-CEU, Valencia, Spain.
- 2011: Visiting Professor, Department of Molecular Biology, Kyung-Hee Univ, Seoul, Korea.
- 2011- First Place Poster Award. Novel Strategy for Targeted Gene Delivery to the Developing Xenopus Retina In Vivo. Upstate New York Branch of the American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS).
- 2011- present: Consulting Ophthalmic Pathologist for the National Disease Research Interchange (NDRI) histology slide program.