International Journal of Coronaviruses (IJCV-COVID-19) is planning to initiate a special issue on interesting topics in the field of coronavirus. The main purpose of launching the special issue in the journal is to pack the articles covering a single topic in an issue.
Each special issue is handled by a single editor, and this editor will be responsible for all the articles submitted for this issue. Either the Editor or an experienced researcher (guest editor) can submit the proposals to begin a special issue.
What is the need to introduce a special issue in the journal?
Proposing a special issue in the International Journal of Coronavirus (COVID-19) serves many important purposes.
>> Focusing on a specific topic: Launching a special issue related to COVID-19, helps in concentrating on a particular area, topic, or theme. This concentration helps in covering the latest developments and advanced techniques in particular research.
>> Showcase emerging research: Encouraging special issues on COVID-19 will help editors in showing their research importance to the audience encouraging young scholars the opportunity and scope of continuing the research in the particular area. While promoting the published articles, youngsters can find the relevant research in a single issue enabling better understanding.
>> Easy to reach the correct audience: Concentrating on a specific topic, will create a path to reach the right audience for new submissions as well as for promoting the published articles. This targeted approach will help in identifying the highly qualified researchers in the respective area.
>>Increases Journal Visibility: We can gain more attention from the audience from this special issue, as it will attract active researchers, and professionals in the respective area due to their focussed content. This will in turn increase journal visibility, recognition of editors work, readership, and gaining of more citations in the scientific community.
Guidelines for proposing a special issue in the International Journal of Coronaviruses
Launching or proposing a special issue on a relevant topic concerning COVID-19 requires a good structure aligning the scope of the journal. A clear proposal will help in reaching the correct audience and also generate a platform for disseminating high-quality research and relevant findings.
Hence. few instructions are outlined for editors and guest editors in proposing a specific topic on COVID-19.
>>Understand the scope of the journal: If you are interested in submitting a proposal on COVID-19, get yourself familiar with the journal's scope and its guidelines. Well, understanding the objective of the “International Journal of Coronaviruses (IJCV)" will help researchers in proposing a topic related to COVID-19 and coronaviruses.
>> Pick a topic that is relevant and timely topic: The topic that editors prefer to propose should address current challenges, and advancements and should fill any critical gaps in understanding COVID-19 and coronaviruses. A well-proposed topic will help in collection of the relevant articles.
>> Develop a Strong Rationale: Clearly describe why the topic is relevant and timely and how it helps in the contribution of advanced scientific knowledge in the field of coronaviruses. It is better if the researchers specify the research gaps which highlight the importance of the proposed special issue.
>> Involve other researchers to serve as guest editor: If any of the researchers are interested in proposing a special issue, and if any support is needed, they can invite other researchers in this field to serve as assistant editor/guest editor for the issue. Discussing and developing a proposal with relevant experts helps in maintaining high editorial standards and attracting quality contributions.
Note: Special issues can be proposed individually or in collaboration with another editor.
>>Format of a structured proposal: Researchers are suggested to propose a special issue by considering the following key elements:
>>Title: Researchers need to submit a clear and concise title reflecting the focus of the special issue.
>>Scope of the issue: Researchers have to clearly explain the scope and its relevance in the field of coronaviruses or COVID-19.
>>Bio of proposed researchers: Guest editors have to submit detailed biographies with relevant expertise and contributions in the field of coronavirus or COVID-19.
>>Description of topic: Clearly narrate the importance of the proposed topic, with novel insights and specific goals that the special issue aims to achieve in the journal.
>>Potential subtopics or keywords: Researchers can also specify subtopics, themes, and relevant keywords involved in the proposed special issue. These will impact the outlook of the issue and help in a wide range of contributions.
>>Timeline: Researchers need to mention a realistic timeline by mentioning the important milestones like a deadline for completion of the issue, submission deadline, peer-review processing time, and anticipated date of publication.
>>Call for Papers (CFP): Researchers can prepare a call for papers by mentioning the outlines like title, theme, submission guidelines, important dates, and expectations from authors to gather high-quality research articles.
>>Submit the proposal: Finally, research investigators and experienced professionals are requested to go through the instructions outlined here while submitting the proposal for a special issue in the “International Journal of Coronaviruses”.
Publishers Role in Approval of Special Issue Proposal:
After receiving the proposal for the special issue, the role of publisher will play an important role in moving the proposed issue further.
>>Review and Approval of the special issue: After receiving the proposals for the special issue, a publisher will forward them to review to check for journal scope, significance of the proposed topic, and overall quality.
>>Promote the Call for Papers: If the proposal is approved, the journal will start accepting submissions to the special issue. To initiate submissions to the journal publishers have to promote the call for papers with the relevant researchers, communities, and scientific networks to reach potential authors. Publishers will also use social media, conferences, and professional associations to promote the CFP.
>>Submission of a manuscript to the journal: The publisher will request the author to submit the manuscript as per the author guidelines as mentioned in the call for papers. Once the manuscript is received, the publisher will submit the article to the journal to initiate the further process.
>> Peer Review: After the reception of the article, the publisher will check for the originality and plagiarism of the article and forward it to the respective editor for the review process for proper evaluation and constructive feedback.
>> Curating the special issue: Publishers will communicate with the corresponding author requesting to amend the changes suggested by the editor to finalize the accepted articles.
>>Publication and Promotion: Once the article is accepted, the publisher will publish the article in the respective special issue of the journal and promote it on various indexing sites to increase visibility, recognition, and citations in the coronavirus scientific community.
>>Finalising the Special Issue: Once all the articles in the special issue are accepted, now is the time to finalize the issue by reevaluating the quality standards, formatting guidelines, and editorial policies.
>>Post-Publication Engagement: The publisher's main role is to clearly motivate the author to share their valuable research on various platforms, college databases, and social media and participate in academic discussions in the relevant field.
>>Reflect and Share Insights: The publisher's main role is to collect editorials, testimonials, or commentary articles from authors and editors reflecting the key findings, new trends, and scientific implications emerging from the special issue topic.
Sharing the insights will help in a broad understanding of coronaviruses and their impact on human health.
By following the defined guidelines and by building proper communication between author, publisher, and editor a proposal will be launched and processed successfully in the specific area of the coronaviruses in “International Journal of Coronaviruses”.
The continuous efforts will help in the significant improvement of the journal's scientific knowledge in all aspects and provide a platform for researchers to share their valuable insights.
Journals By Subject
Agriculture and Aquaculture
Biological Sciences & Developmental Biology
- Bioinformatics And Diabetes     ISSN : 2374-9431
- Biosemiotic Research
- Biotechnology and Biomedical Science     ISSN : 2576-6694
- Fertility Biomarkers     ISSN : 2576-2818
- International Journal of Structural Biology
- Systems Biology
- Advances in Leukemia
- Brain And Spinal Cancer     ISSN : 2576-182X
- Breast Cancer Survival
- Cancer Genetics And Biomarkers     ISSN : 2572-3030
- Cervical Cancer
- Colon And Rectal Cancer     ISSN : 2471-7061
- Hematology and Oncology Research     ISSN : 2372-6601
- International Journal of Chemotherapy Research and Practice
- International Journal of Prostate Cancer
- Lung Cancer Epidemiology
- Neoplasms      ISSN : 2639-1716
- Skin Cancer Epidemiology
- Thyroid Cancer     ISSN : 2574-4496
- Developments in Mass Spectrometry
- International Journal of Amino Acids
- International Journal of Hydrocarbons
- International Journal of Lipids     ISSN : 2835-513X
- New Developments in Chemistry     ISSN : 2377-2549
- Oxygen Compounds
- Polymer Science Research
- Water     ISSN : 2769-2264
- Agronomy Research     ISSN : 2639-3166
- Energy Conservation     ISSN : 2642-3146
- International Journal of Limnology     ISSN : 2691-3208
- International Journal of Occupational and Environmental Medicine     ISSN : 2690-0904
- Plant and Animal Ecology     ISSN : 2637-6075
- Weather Changes
- Advanced Cytology
- Advanced Research in Botany
- Advances in Plant Biology      ISSN : 2638-4469
- Antioxidant Activity     ISSN : 2471-2140
- Body Fluids
- Bone Marrow Biology
- Breastfeeding Biology     ISSN : 2644-0105
- Clinical Research In HIV AIDS And Prevention     ISSN : 2324-7339
- Current Scientific Research     ISSN : 2766-8681
- Current Viruses and Treatment Methodologies     ISSN : 2691-8862
- DNA And RNA Research     ISSN : 2575-7881
- Drug Resistant Pathogen Research
- Enzymes     ISSN : 2690-4829
- Evolutionary Science     ISSN : 2689-4602
- Evolving Stem Cell Research     ISSN : 2574-4372
- Fungal Diversity     ISSN : 2766-869X
- Genetic Engineering     ISSN : 2694-1198
- Human and Animal Intestines
- Immunology and Geriatrics
- In-vitro In-vivo In-silico Journal
- International Journal of Aquaculture Research and Development      ISSN : 2691-6622
- International Journal of Bone and Mineral Metabolism
- International Journal of Cell
- International Journal of Cytokine
- International Journal of Entomology     ISSN : 2768-5209
- International Journal of Heart Research
- International Marine Science Journal     ISSN : 2643-0282
- International Ornithology
- International Physiology Journal     ISSN : 2578-8590
- Mammal Research
- Osteoarthritis and Cartilage
- Parasite Research     ISSN : 2690-6759
- Plant Cell Development     ISSN : 2832-5311
- Skeletal Muscle     ISSN : 2832-4048
- Spleen And Liver Research     ISSN : 2578-2371
- Thrombosis and treatments
- Tissue Repair and Regeneration      ISSN : 2640-6403
- Zoological Research     ISSN : 2694-2275
- Advanced Forensic Sciences     ISSN : 2692-5915
- Advanced Rheumatology Science
- Advanced Therapeutic Science
- Aging Research And Healthcare     ISSN : 2474-7785
- Air and Water Borne Diseases
- Alternative Medicine and Mind Body Practices
- Alzheimer's Research and Therapy
- Arthritis Research and Therapy
- Blood Pressure
- Clinical and Diagnostic Pathology     ISSN : 2689-5773
- Current Chronic Diseases
- Dentistry And Oral Implants     ISSN : 2473-1005
- Dermatologic Research And Therapy     ISSN : 2471-2175
- Digestive Disorders And Diagnosis     ISSN : 2574-4526
- Endocrinology And Hormones
- Etiological Diagnosis
- Family Medicine     ISSN : 2640-690X
- Fetal Surgery
- Food Science and Hygiene     ISSN : 2835-2165
- Hereditary Diseases
- Human Health Research     ISSN : 2576-9383
- Hypertension and Cardiology     ISSN : 2329-9487
- Immunization     ISSN : 2577-137X
- Implementation science
- Intensive Care and Emergency Services
- International Epilepsy Journal
- International Journal of Allergy
- International Journal of Anesthesia
- International Journal of Antibiotic Research
- International Journal of Blood Transfusion
- International Journal of Clinical Microbiology     ISSN : 2690-4721
- International Journal of Complementary Medicine
- International Journal of Eating and Weight Disorders
- International Journal of General Practice     ISSN : 2692-5257
- International Journal of Glaucoma
- International Journal of Global Health     ISSN : 2693-1176
- International Journal of Health Statistics
- International Journal of Human Anatomy     ISSN : 2577-2279
- International Journal of Infection Prevention      ISSN : 2690-4837
- International Journal of Inflammation Research
- International Journal of Medical Practitioners
- International Journal of Multiple Sclerosis and Related Disorders
- International Journal of Negative Results     ISSN : 2641-9181
- International Journal of Neonatology
- International Journal of Neuroimaging
- International Journal of Neuroinformatics
- International Journal of Nutrition     ISSN : 2379-7835
- International Journal of Pain Management     ISSN : 2688-5328
- International Journal of Personalized Medicine
- International Journal of Sexually Transmitted Diseases     ISSN : 2994-6743
- International Journal of Steroids
- International Journal of Surgical Techniques
- International Journal of Thorax
- International Journal of Translational Research
- International Journal of Vasculitis
- Keyhole Surgery Proceedings
- Medical and Psychological Trauma     ISSN : 2766-6204
- Medical and Surgical Urology
- Medical Informatics and Decision Making     ISSN : 2641-5526
- Migraine Management
- Nephrology Advances     ISSN : 2574-4488
- Nervous System and Physiological Phenomena
- Neurological Research And Therapy     ISSN : 2470-5020
- Obesity Management     ISSN : 2574-450X
- Ophthalmic Science     ISSN : 2470-0436
- Organ Transplantation     ISSN : 2576-9359
- Otolaryngology Advances     ISSN : 2379-8572
- Palliative Care And Hospice
- Patient Care and Services
- Pediatric Health And Nutrition     ISSN : 2691-5014
- Preventive Medicine And Care     ISSN : 2474-3585
- Radiation and Nuclear Medicine     ISSN : 2766-8630
- Respiratory Diseases     ISSN : 2642-9241
- Spine and Neuroscience     ISSN : 2694-1201
- Sports and Exercise Medicine     ISSN : 2694-2283
- Tropical Diseases and Medicine
- Veterinary Healthcare     ISSN : 2575-1212
- Women's Reproductive Health     ISSN : 2381-862X
- Addiction Disorder and Rehabilitation
- ADHD And Care
- Behavior Therapy And Mental Health     ISSN : 2474-9273
- Child and Adolescent Psychiatry     ISSN : 2643-6655
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Depression And Therapy     ISSN : 2476-1710
- Human Psychology     ISSN : 2644-1101
- International Journal of Ethology
- International Journal of Psychotherapy Practice and Research     ISSN : 2574-612X
- Psychological Disorders
- Psychophysiology Practice and Research
- Schizophrenia Disorders And Therapy
- Sleep And Sleep Disorder Research     ISSN : 2574-4518
- Verbal Behavior
- Woman's Mental Health